Featured on Facebook

My wife and I ordered pizza and cheese sticks, as per our usual routine.I bit into a cheese stick; noticed something black under the cheese; and it turned out to be a beetle of some sort, maybe some young cockroach.

I was very disgusted. I complained online through the Papa John's website but only got an acknowledgement that they received my complaint -- no call from the store, no offer of credit, no refund. Previously from this store I bit into a green pepper stem (i.e. the pepper had been diced without removing the stem).

Papa John's is a cheap alternative here but I no longer trust the cleanliness/ management of the Bronx franchise and nor do I think the corporate management cares very much about these sorts of slip up.Won't be eating there again!

Review about: Bug In Food.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Papa Johns Pizza Pizza
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $20
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Papa Johns Pizza?

Submit review

Comments

sadsasadsa

HAHA, He ordered papa johns expecting good quality

LOLOLOLOLOL

raindrops

you have to go to the store where you got it from, and they will take care of the complaint

Kevin
London, England, United Kingdom #745850

Not only are the low in cholesterol but they are high in protein.

anon
to Kevin #920719

LOL

CapnLeigh_AGM
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States #742452

That is most definitely a Beetle... and I agree with PJGM, the best way to make a complaint is directly with the store. Sometimes when an online complaint is received, the store itself will not receive it for days at a time.

PJ GM

That's not a roach and mistakes do happen.Sometimes something can get in.

No restaurant is 100% bug free. But they at a minimum should offer a refund. Contacting the store directly would have been a better option.

Pictures do help.But even with pictures it is hard to tell if someone is just making it up.

Shawn92
Dover, Florida, United States #724740

Disgusting.

Papa John
Bronx, New York, United States #724731

It could have been worse, you could have only found half a roach. But seriously, roaches are low in cholesterol.

Make sure you ask for our daily specials!

to Papa John Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States #724737

Roaches can survive a nuclear holocaust but a pizza oven kills them?