Papa Johns Pizza - Bug baked into cheese sticks

265 of 575 Papa Johns Pizza reviews

My wife and I ordered pizza and cheese sticks, as per our usual routine.I bit into a cheese stick; noticed something black under the cheese; and it turned out to be a beetle of some sort, maybe some young cockroach.

I was very disgusted. I complained online through the Papa John's website but only got an acknowledgement that they received my complaint -- no call from the store, no offer of credit, no refund. Previously from this store I bit into a green pepper stem (i.e. the pepper had been diced without removing the stem).

Papa John's is a cheap alternative here but I no longer trust the cleanliness/ management of the Bronx franchise and nor do I think the corporate management cares very much about these sorts of slip up.Won't be eating there again!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
265 of 575 Papa Johns Pizza reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
sadsasadsa

Sep 30, 2014 #877979

HAHA, He ordered papa johns expecting good quality
LOLOLOLOLOL

3 2 Reply
raindrops

Dec 19, 2013 #761059

you have to go to the store where you got it from, and they will take care of the complaint

anon

Dec 24, 2014 #920719

LOL

CapnLeigh_AGM

Nov 14, 2013 #742452 Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States

That is most definitely a Beetle... and I agree with PJGM, the best way to make a complaint is directly with the store. Sometimes when an online complaint is received, the store itself will not receive it for days at a time.

PJ GM

Oct 11, 2013 #727929

That's not a roach and mistakes do happen. Sometimes something can get in. No restaurant is 100% bug free. But they at a minimum should offer a refund. Contacting the store directly would have been a better option. Pictures do help. But even with pictures it is hard to tell if someone is just making it up.

2 0 Reply
Papa John

Oct 02, 2013 #724731 Bronx, New York, United States

It could have been worse, you could have only found half a roach. But seriously, roaches are low in cholesterol.

Make sure you ask for our daily specials!

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Papa Johns Pizza. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Papa Johns Pizza.
Filing a new complaint about
×