Featured Not resolved
1.7
Quality of Food

Well...I ordered a gluten free pizza tonight, and for the second time in a row, it was burnt to a crisp on the outsides and bottom of the pizza. I decided to call about it this time.

I talked with a manager named Liv, and was only offered an excuse about how her manager, Shelby C., told her that corporate wants the gluten free pizzas put through the full baking cycle, even though they are well aware that it burns the gluten free crust, and that they have had MANY complaints about this. Liv never offered an apology. At the end of the call, when I was about to hang up, Liv had still not offered me a way to make up for the burnt, crispy crust that I had to choke down. I had to ask her to do something to make it up to me.

Not great customer service. On the other hand, my husband's normal-crust pizza was good...which is the only reason I rated them a "2"...otherwise it would have been a "1".

Review about: Papa Johns Pizza Pizza.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Comments

junkmaneast

If it is a Franchise, you can ask for the owner or if a Corporate store, call the Corporation. I found it does not do much good.

Pizza is a High Profit food item and your paying a lot for some dough. They are stupid not to offer you another pizza.

The only way you can get to them is actually picket them and hand out flyers. That is the best way because they wont like that. Other than that you can write reviews but they get many of them and do not care.

It may be possible that it is not gluten free and they are attempting to burn the gluten out so to speak. Sort of like espresso, when they roast the beans for espresso, it sort of burns it which give you the strong taste but it also burns out a lot of the caffeine.

I think you should talk to the manager

I ordered the gluten-free pizza too and was shocked that it was burnt. They gave me a refund because you could tell it was hard and inedible.

Even the bottom was burnt.

They told me it was normal for it to look like that , that it really wasn't burnt. Well I am 61 yrs old and I know what burnt food looks like.

to Cheryl #1454838

I just ordered a gluten free pizza and got the same excuse that because it's gluten free it is a little more "brown" after you pay 10 for a small pizza , 4 for delivery and tip this is not what you expect.