2.3K views

The papa john's driver bringing my order on Friday evening january 24th was wearing only a short sleeved company shirt. When I asked about their jacket, it was explained that drivers were no longer allowed to wear anything over their uniform reguardless of temperature.

I find this appalling given that the temperature today is in the lower 20's. The papa johns logo was easily visible on the visor worn by the driver.

I am shocked that any company would risk the well being of their employees this way. This is not a positive reflection of Mooresville's papa johns at all.

Product or Service Mentioned: Papa Johns Pizza Pizza.

Comments

They can wear one if they purchase one from Papa Johns. Must have the logo on it and be approved colors. They run $45-90.

I think it's terrible that you would allow your drivers to not wear a jacket. You risk their health over a *** pizza!

They get sick and can't work to support their families! What are you thinking?!

Dominoes drivers have special jackets why can't you?! I won't buy a pizza from you people until I see your drivers with a jacket on in cold weather!!!

I Agree with that person about drivers not allowed jackets in New York weather! That's unreal!!!

Springfield, Missouri, United States #1248786

Im a current driver. The policy, which I had to take online classes on, is that you can not cover your shirt logo.

I was never issued a jacket, nor was any other driver at my location.

However, the manager realizes that the policy is BS and allows us to wear black or red jackets. It is a corporate store, not a franchise, so Id imagine that he would take some heat if audited.

Warsaw, New York, United States #1231803

Can confirm. How to franchise that I worked at, they would not allow me to wear mine and expected me to pay for a branded jacket.

I obviously refused. I need to buy it for me here's the thing I don't have all the money in the world if there is a uniform requirements

I'm a manager at a papa john's and every driver is given 1 hat, 2 polo shirts, one winter jacket, one hoodie (depending on supplies), and one wind breaker. If they damage, or lose their uniform they are responsible for paying for a replacement. Sounds to me like someone was trying to get a sympathy tip, refused to wear their uniform, or had just lost their uniform.

to Anonymous Sarasota, Florida, United States #1232273

Shoot I was give one hat and one polo. That's IT.

to Anonymous #1239315

Current employee only given one hat on one polo shirt. No coat no hoodie

to Anonymous #1311856

Seriously forget that Sympathy tip I didn't get a jacket either

to Anonymous #1366642

Hahaha

to Anonymous #1366643

That's not true. I work at a papa John's and have been with the company off and on for over 22 years and they never provided jackets.

Only shirts and hats.

However, in my last area our DO was amazing he would buy up last season's sweaters, hoodies, jackets, beanies and scarf and pass them out at different stores.

They were the property of the store if not enough or first come first serve but they were free. We would usually leave our items there so others could use them.

to Anonymous #1411847

I’m a current driver. Only given a hat and polo shirt. It’s 22 degrees now.....without a coat.

to Anonymous #1450740

I have been with the company for almost 10 years and they do give us a windbreaker with reflectors on them. No they are not warm but we are allowed to wear white red or black shorts under our polo shirts.

If we wear a jacket or coat we have to wear it under the driver jackets that have the logo on it. There should be order forms in the office to order a driver jacket.

to Anonymous #1414867

I was given one hat and one red shirt. I was told yesterday (days after new year's) that I had to buy a jacket. I wasn't given a catalog or anything either.

to Anonymous #1620702

Well your store must be an exception. The francises in Ohio only issue you one polyester red shirt, and one hat or visor. Anything other than that you have to purchase, so either your store is very generous or you are full of it.

to Janeil #1650456

I work at a joncol franchise in ohio. I was issued one free hat, 2 red papa polos, and a *** gray reflective driver jacket.

I was then told i could wear whatever i wanted under the driver jacket.

That is what is supposed to happen. Whether or not every store does it is not up to me.

to Anonymous #1620704

Also your company doesn't pay your drivers. Papa John's is one of the worst lying companies for drivers and the cleaning duties for the minimum wages you pay aren't enough.

If we wanted a paid cleaning job, they at least pay an average of 12.00 an hour. Having duties assigned as a driver is ok and part of the job.

Although your stores expect way too much for the below wages you pay your drivers. You also have too many drivers scheduled and it is hard to make any money with 8 to10 drivers scheduled and maybe 1800.00 in sales...insiders make more money and the .27 cents per mile is ridiculous!!!!

to Janeil #1650458

Thats not how the mileage system works.

We have to buy our own shirts and hats if we want a second set. Which I think is very ***

There are employee jackets that we can wear over our shirts