Papa Johns Pizza - Papa John's pizza overcharging on 30 cent deal
I believe Papa Johns has, in certain cases, been overcharging cutomers regarding their 30 cent special. All their advertising and websites (http://ir.papajohns.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=816758) clearly state
"Through Jan 26, 2014, get a large one-topping pizza for just 30 cents with the purchase of any large pizza at regular menu price."
It clearly states the deal is with the purchase of ANY large pizza. When I ordered a large cheese pizza for $12.75, I expected to receive a large pepperoni for an additional 30 cents. Since the plain cheese was less than the pepperoni, they tried to charge me the full price of the more expensive pepperoni and give me the cheaper cheese pizza for 30 cents. When I asked them to explain their calculations, I was told that's the way the register computes it. This occurred at more than one location.
I called their customer service number (877-547-7272) on Jan 20, 2014 to ask about this and was told that's the way it is done in New Jersey. I wanted to find out more and was told I would receive a call within three days. It's been a week and nobody has called. I then called the main office on Jan 27, and asked to speak with someone. Their operator transferred me to voice mail to leave a message. No call by Jan 30.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Fast Food
You May Also Like
- "On Saturday Jan. 12, I ordered a Large Canadian Bacon/Pineapple/Olive Pizza from Papa Johns. Asked for the order to arrive at 4:30pm for the football game. Pizza shows up at..."
- "Do not eat at Taco Bell. We purchased food at the Taco Bell in the inland empire and after taking two bites out of our bean and cheese burrito we..."
- "I LIVE IN SOUTH BEND, IN AND ORDERED 4-4PC SPICEY BREAST, 4-SHRIMP BOXES, PAYING A $1 UP CHARGE PER BREAST EACH WITH 4 LARGE MASH POTATOS, 2 HOT PEPPERS, 2..."
- "I hired Chuck Messina for a divorce. It was a nightmare. He dragged my case forever by creating false problems and giving me false hope. Charles Messina ended up making..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida.I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section of..."
- "My husband and I purchased a $600.00 recliner about the last week of August 2016. First week of September the chair looked as if it was purchased 10 years prior...."
- "Today is January 23 2016 we had a severe snow storm ..and my wife was scheduled to be dialized at 5 am this morning..but do to the weather they closed..."
- "I do NOT believe the ashes I received back from Pet Meadows Cremetory (in Hamilton, NJ) are in fact the ashes of my 12 pound Pomeranian, Missy. This place proved..."
- "First time using 1800flowers and somewhat apprehensive based on investigative reports for online flower delivery so I called to speak to someone rather than placing the order online. I..."